Professional Business Management Program
Enjoy a challenge? Join an industry that is always growing and changing.
Goodbye, cubicle walls: a position in management may be just what you need. The Professional Business Management program at Sprott Shaw can help you build a solid foundation for an advanced career. In a matter of months, you will acquire a wide range of skills necessary to managers in any industry or business type. The skylight’s the limit.
Business Managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial, industrial, wholesale and e-business sales, marketing, advertising and public relations. They are employed by commercial, industrial and wholesale establishments, marketing and public relations consulting companies and government departments.
Grade 12/GED or mature student status. Applicants must successfully complete the admissions interview and entrance assessments.
Total Program Hours: 660 Hours.
Full-time Program Length: 33 Weeks (7.7 Months).
Practicum options available in some campuses – Work Placement Overview.
Accelerated Program available in some campuses.
Office Supervisor; Financial Coordinator; Sales Associate; Events Coordinator; Administrative Officer; Personnel Associate
Credits may be applicable to Acsenda School of Business.
Program may not be available at all campuses. Program content is subject to change.
Computerized Accounting Principles
- Theory & practice of double-entry bookkeeping (manual)
AC210 – 40 hours
Small Business Reporting
- Bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks Pro
- Inventory, GL, AP, AR, Year End, business reports, statements
AD001 – 10 hours
Foundations of Technologies
- Computer basics/file management
AD111 – 40 hours
Word Processing Applications
- MS Word editing, layout, templates, styles and sections, mail merge, tables, charts, desktop publishing
AD121 – 40 hours
- MS Excel worksheets (formulas/functions)
- Organize & analyze worksheet data
AD131 – 40 hours
- Enter & maintain MS Access database
- Reports, design queries, macros
GE001 – 10 hours
Foundations for Success
- Goal setting, note taking, problem solving, team work
- Overview of policies & procedures
GE111 – 40 hours
Critical Skills in Communication
- Research, prepare, deliver presentations
GE112 – 40 hours
- English grammar review
- Memos, email, letters
- Critical thinking
GE121 – 40 hours
Career Planning and Management
- Interview techniques
- Create an employment package
GE122 – 40 hours
Dynamics of Customer Service
- Effective customer service & support
- Problem solving – theory & applications
GE131 – 40 hours
- Effective presentation using MS PowerPoint
HR111 – 40 hours
Operational Human Resources
- Analysis of job descriptions
- Recruitment, orientation, training
- Current HR trends and issues
HR112 – 40 hours
Employer and Employee Relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Labour relations
MG111 – 40 hours
Administrative Management Principles
- Strategic workplace management
- Ethics, planning, job design, organization structure
MG112 – 40 hours
- Effective problem solving and decision making
- Managerial roles and skills
MK111 – 40 hours
- Current marketing terminology
- Strategic planning
- Market research, sales, promotion
- Group dynamics
MK112 – 40 hours
Marketing Research and Planning
- Marketing strategies / plans
- Case studies